Sometimes you have to leave the house fast to run some errands or meet up with someone, but you don’t feel like driving.
This factor is one of the reasons for the creation of electric scooters, including the Segway Ninebot mini pro scooter.
With this improved hoverboard, you don’t have to worry about falling off because of how stable it is to ride.
This scooter has speed limits that most riders do not enjoy, but there are ways to fix this.
The Ninebot mini pro has a speed limit you can’t ride above. One of the ways the speed of the scooter is unlocked is by replacing the control board on the scooter. The scooter makes a continuous beep sound whenever you ride, reaching the speed limit. Unlocking the speed stops this sound.
How to Unlock Ninebot Mini Pro Speed?
To unlock the segway ninebot scooter, you will need a smartphone, an app called Xiaomi Flasher, and the Bluetooth has to be active.
- Download the app from the play store and register. Make sure your Bluetooth is on and connected to the scooter.
- You’ll fill in the scooter serial number and other details to register. You will input your region based on how quickly you want to move.
- The scooter has a maximum speed of 10 to 15 mph. The speed level could either increase or reduce depending on your chosen area. You might choose US 30 km/h as an example. The speed that is made available depends on the region you choose.
- After choosing the region, you will get a notification to contribute on the following screen; however, this is unnecessary. All you need to do is wait a few seconds for it to clear.
The scooter’s speed unlocks by completing these steps, and the scooter is affected by every choice made on the app.
How Fast Is the Ninebot Mini Pro?
The Ninebot mini pro can achieve a max speed of 10 to 15 mph, sometimes even higher in less than a minute, while only weighing 12.8 kilograms.
Even while mounting a 15-degree slope or navigating a tiny bump, the Ninebot mini pro is much faster than walking and very stable; you’d think you’re just standing.
Riders as short as 3 feet and as tall as 6 feet can board the Segway mini pro due to the control shaft’s limited adjustability.
If you are tall, passing through doorways or other low clearance openings could be a little challenging because this electric kick scooter already stands 5 to 6 inches off the ground.
It has a weight range of 80 pounds to 220 pounds. This scooter weighs about 28 lbs and receives support from two 10.5″ chunky tires.
Off-roading is undoubtedly doable thanks to the robust tires and stable deck, which let you leave the roadway and easily navigate obstacles like grass, uneven gravel, and small stones without losing speed.
The Segway Ninebot mini pro can travel up to 14 miles on a single charge, which is accurate if you drive it on flat surfaces.
It can climb steep terrain, but it would deplete the battery much more quickly.
The tires’ pound per square inch (PSI) should be at the optimal level for the longest battery duration to maintain the batteries in excellent condition.
The power button and an adjacent screen showing battery life are where you’ll find this feature, usually between your feet.
The control shaft, which is in the middle of the board at calf height, is movable.
This control enables the Segway Ninebot mini pro to be used by people of varying heights, making it possible to adjust the speed as desired.
How Do You Remove the Speed Limiter on a Ninebot Mini Pro?
Removing the speed limiter on the Ninebot mini pro enables your scooter to gain more speed and cover more distance per hour.
To remove the speed limiter;
- You need to download a smartphone application called Xiaomi Flasher and pair it with your electric Ninebot scooter via Bluetooth.
- After downloading, get it installed on your phone.
- Start your scooter and connect it to the app through Bluetooth
- On the app, there will be a need to download the flash version
- After downloading it, switch your scooter off and then back on.
- Type ‘scooterhackin.org’ into the search bar on the internet and load. When you arrive at that screen, customize your preferences and press the download button.
- When downloading, open the app and connect it to the scooter.
With this, you can boost your speed above the limit.
Ninebot Mini Pro Speed Hacks
The Ninebot mini pro has a maximum speed limit, but some hacks are available to increase the speed and cover even more distance in a short time.
Here are some of the hacks to increase your speed and go faster on the Ninebot mini pro
|S/N||The hacks||The effects|
|1||Maintain Your Battery||Maintaining your battery and keeping it charged is one way to boost your speed. There will be slower speeds and acceleration if the battery of your electric kick scooter is low. There will be performance changes as the battery drains. They accelerate poorly when the scooter’s battery is between 35 and 40 percent charged. Also, when the battery is between 20 – 40 percent charged, it is challenging for the scooter to attain the maximum speed. You must ensure that the battery is not low and that the scooter is maintained if you want to use it at its top speed. If not, your electric scooter won’t reach its top speed.|
|2||Rewind the scooter’s engine||A rewound electric scooter motor will produce less power and more revolutions per minute (rpm), thereby improving the scooter’s speed. It is a dangerous and difficult approach that should be on hold while a warranty covers you. You can use this technique once the warranty has expired.|
|3||Remove the speed limiter.||This method is very easy as it doesn’t require you to learn or use any special tools. Removing the speed limiter increases the scooter’s speed, and the function is usually on the screen.|
|4||Use airless tires||Airless tires attach to the road better and cause less friction. Additionally, these tires support autonomy, allowing riders to travel farther distances. So, reducing friction results in higher speeds, which is the aim. These tires are also bigger than the scooter’s normal tire size. Replacing the scooter tires with these bigger ones will also enhance the speed.|
Increase Speed of Ninebot Mini Pro by 30 Percent
The Segway mini pro has an app to help users better understand the scooter and adjust and modify the features, including the speed.
This app can be downloaded from the Play Store and is available for Android and iOS users.
Once you’ve established a Bluetooth connection, the app will show data like speed, battery temperature, and time since last charging, among others.
This app unlocks the speed of your mini-pro, and you can also modify the LED lights using it. To increase the speed of the Ninebot mini pro;
- Sign in to the app and select speed settings from the gear menu at the top right corner.
- Ensure the speed level is at the maximum.
- Note that the scooter has three-speed levels that come on by pressing the power button twice. White denotes moderate speed; numbers denote slowest, and red indicates the fastest speed.
- Remember that the battery drains faster when the speed increases than at the normal pace.
- The Swallowbot upgrade is also a great option to go faster and more smoothly for the riders who use the Ninebot electric kick scooter. It’s for users who want to move quickly and still have a comfortable ride.
For beginners, the Segway Ninebot mini pro delivers a comfortable and pleasurable riding experience that’s quite simple to learn.
The possibilities this device opens up are vast. If you can’t drive, you can use it to get to school, the office, or meet friends.
If you’re a photographer, you can use it to take pictures and many more. It is one of the best and most sophisticated self-balancing rides available today.